About the Founders
Entrepreneurs and Merchants
The “founders’ of Mahalo.Market are a group of; artists, inventors, software developers, merchants, and founders of several companies;
…….…aka; Team JingleSPOT
Our founders bring real-life experience…
For decades our founders have been creating and selling products and services. Starting before the Internet, adapting to online sales was natural.
Following are some experiences leading to this project…
The founders purchased supplies to operate their companies, and to; produce, package, and deliver their brands, including; computers, cars, commercial trucks, RVs, RV parts, software, and many other products for resale from top marketplaces, including; Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Aliexpress, Alibaba, as well as via individual sellers.
They sold advertising, baby products, cars, cleaning products and services, computers, designer crochet, direct mail services, health care products, home repairs services, household goods, legal products, masonry services, painting services, personal care products, publications, real estate, and more.
They sold their own products and services online, including; advertising, books, cars, clothing, computers, crochet, eBooks, novelties, RV parts, SaaS services, PC software, and more.
Marketing & Advertising Consultants
They have helped their agency clients sell millions online, including; art, awards & trophies, cars, clothing, commercial car & RV towing services, computers, home furniture and decor, office and commercial furniture, office equipment, residential and commercial painting services, school band uniforms, and more.
Billions for Merchants, since 1994
JingleSPOT, Started the Hawaii Internet Revolution
In 1994, Team JingleSPOT (then Rodgers Consulting, of Hawaii) was the exclusive agent for moving Hawaii tour and activity booking away from just Sabre/Apollo, making complete travel booking available to anyone via the Internet. Made possible with help from the sitting Mayor of Maui County, Mayor Linda Lingle.
Mayor, Lingle connected the JingleSPOT Team to work with the Maui County Visitors Bureau, which ultimately resulted in a working partnership with the then Hawaii Visitors Bureau (ie; the HVB).
Hawaii had been selling all tours and activities for decades via the same Sabre/Apollo Airline reservations system used exclusively by travel agents.
The purpose and scope of this new project, reached deep into the Hawaii infrastructure to prepare Hawaii for the Internet.
That became possible by first moving tours and activities, and allowing hotels to get direct Internet bookings, saving the higher cost fees from Sabre/Apollo, who had a stronghold for decades.
This program began the “Hawaii Internet Revolution” which has since resulted in billions of dollars in regular annual income to Hawaii businesses, including thousands who are not in the travel industry, yet rely on Internet sales today.
Therefore, Ambassador Rodgers and Team JingleSPOT, get at least some small credit for the decades of increasing Internet billions Hawaii enjoys even today.
Now, Hawaii needs help more than ever…
…and Team JingleSPOT is ready, willing, and able to top previous accomplishments, with the ‘World’s Finest Marketplace‘.
Featuring; ‘Free Shops’, low fees, advanced marketing, ‘live agents’ to assist merchants and buyers, unequaled transparency, and so much more.
JingleSPOT’s Next ‘Magic Hat Trick’…
The Mahalo.Market, will bring trillions to small merchants around the world. This is the “BIG ONE’, and if you’re a merchant, run don’t just walk. Because the sooner you join, the faster you can enjoy the profits.
Decades of cutting edge marketing, advertising, merchandising, and promotions experience;
- 1981 – started selling direct mail and local display advertising;
- 1982 – invented “Funny Money”, used as an advanced marketing novelty;
- 1985 – sold and configured a million-dollar computer network for Nevada;
- 1986 – sold $25m+ investment real estate properties, then managed as rentals;
- 1990 – won a Maui tour bus licenses (first in 15-years), managed marketing;
At the forefront of the Internet revolution;
- 1993 – they built three of the first websites – for both public and government;
- 1993 – designed, published, sold advertising; ‘The Map”, #1 free map on Maui;
- 1993 – designed the Maui County Emergency Maps (county contract);
- 1993 – created and produced children’s programming;
- 1994 – built one of the first merchant websites (the same year as Amazon);
- 1994 – moved Hawaii to the web, was Sabre/Apollo, moved; hotels, tours, etc.*
- 1995 – opened the first Internet Cafes on the Island of Maui;
- 1995 – started CCTV programming and advertising in local hotels (Maui);
- 2000 – started building and promoting online affiliate marketing networks;
- 2001 – sold $50k+ year in books online (Amazon, eBay, etc. 2001-2013)
- 2002 – the first ‘folding-mini-brochures‘ (multi-fold biz-card, QR + URLs, etc.);
- 2004 – designed the first miniature marketing ‘stamps’ (Itsy Bitsy Art);
- 2008 – built some of the first commercial smartphone ready websites;
- 2009 – custom software for marketing/promotional school bands uniform mgt;
- 2010 – first to market “responsive websites” for smartphones;
- 2011 – first to market “scratch-2-win” gamification for smartphones;
- 2013 – earned eBay Top-Rated PowerSeller (using custom “in-house” software);
- 2014 – built the “First Friday” social network and marketplace;
- 2015 – started promoting and selling fine art prints online (Maui artists);
- 2016 – started building mobile APPs for Android and Apple devices;
- 2018 – Online Games development, “The Great Big Hunt”;
- 2020 – Mahalo.Market product syndication, and merchant marketing;
- 2020 – PAL, Personal Accessibility Liasion program (websites disabled access);
- 2021 – axr360 Games – Advanced Gamification for Merchant Advertising;
Again Helping Merchants Grow
Additionally, Mahalo.Market is the new home for all the eCommerce needs of ‘our brands’ too, completing a dream, to bring our sales together under a single safe and user-friendly platform.
While Brad Johnston is the official ‘Marketplace Manager’, Dustin and Marileen remain involved in the daily operation of FRYD.TV the parent company, and JingleSPOT an important sister company, and the experienced marketing arm of the Mahalo.Market.